Le Web, a tech conference in Paris organized by Loic Le Meur of Seesmic, attracted some of Europe’s most promising startups. Each year, LeWeb hosts a startup competition that consists of short presentations in front of a panel of judges. From 130 applicants, 33 contestants were selected to participate in this year’s Le Web 3 competition. The startups were graded on seven categories and three winners were selected.
Amongst the winners, two Israeli companies brought the trophy:
2nd place: PLYmedia – a pioneer in the development and deployment of an interactive, multi-dimensional web video platform. Plymedia’s leading product is PLYplatform – a suite of applications that gives broadcast and video publishers and their viewers an opportunity to create professional or user-generated interactive content layers such as: Contextual ad insertion, Speech-to-Text recognition, Audio fingerprinting and matching and more. These applications make standard web videos more interactive, multi-dimensional and personalized. In Israel, the platform has been installed in large portals like Felix and Ma’ariv’s NRG.
Below are a few examples of PLYmedia’s technology:
- BubblePLY-With BubblePLY, pop-up bubbles, text, images, clipart and subtitles can be easily added to any video
- InfoPLY– transparent smart bubbles are displayed on the video upon mouse-over of the defined item by a user
- AdPLY -the ability to insert and manage relevant text or banner ads onto any web video, resulting in increased ROI and advertising revenues.
- SubPLY– allows web video publishers, broadcasters and other users to add subtitles and captions in any language to any type of web video
Latest posts by Eze Vidra (see all)
- Emerging Machine Intelligence Clusters - March 2, 2017
- 30 Machine Intelligence Startups to Watch in Israel - February 15, 2017
- Five Books I Want to Read in 2017 - January 16, 2017