Real Estate, real money

sold signI’ve been reading a about a few major real estate deals involving Israeli investors, and though it’s not the core focus of VC Cafe, I thought that multi billion dollar deals are worth a little shout.

Israeli Company to Invest $135 Million in Chennai Real Estate
Elbit Medical Imaging Ltd (EMI), an Israeli firm traded in the Nasdaq, has bought 80% of a 135 acre plot in the southern city of Chennai from an unnamed Indian developer, who will own the remaining 20 per cent, business daily ‘Globes’ reported. EMI will invest more than $150 million in the land for the project and estimates revenue of over $4 billion.

Israeli firm to invest $2 b for building township in Jaipur
Fishman Holdings plans to build a four million square metre township in Jaipur, India. The investment is estimated to be approximately $2 billion which will cover the building of residences, commercial space, offices, and high-tech space. The Israeli real estate firm’s subsidiary, Mondon Investments Ltd., has bought a 600-acre plot in Jaipur for $108 million and has an option to buy more land, business daily ‘Globes’ reported. Mondon is involved in several other developmental projects in India, including residential and commercial projects in New Delhi, Thane, Hyderabad and Ludhiana.

I’ll keep an eye on other real estate deals from groups in Israel. Something tells me that there are going to be many more.

Eze Vidra
Follow me

Eze Vidra

Chief Innovation Officer at Antidote
Eze is the Chief Innovation Officer at Antidote, a startup helping patients search and match to clinical trial, to accelerate medical breakthroughs. Previously, Ezewas a General Partner at Google Ventures Europe. Before GV, Eze founded and led Campus London, Google's first physical hub for startups, and was the Head Google for Entrepreneurs in Europe. He's an experienced product manager and startup mentor. In 2012 Eze founded Techbikers, a non-for profit supporting children education in developing countries.
Eze Vidra
Follow me

Latest posts by Eze Vidra (see all)

Eze Vidra

Eze is the Chief Innovation Officer at Antidote, a startup helping patients search and match to clinical trial, to accelerate medical breakthroughs. Previously, Eze was a General Partner at Google Ventures Europe. Before GV, Eze founded and led Campus London, Google's first physical hub for startups, and was the Head Google for Entrepreneurs in Europe. He's an experienced product manager and startup mentor. In 2012 Eze founded Techbikers, a non-for profit supporting children education in developing countries.