iamba, an Israeli startup that develops optical communication systems for VOIP and IPTV, was sold to Marvell for $10 million. iamba had received $25 million in four rounds of venture backing from Cedar, Giza and Pitango and it has recently laid off most of its employees in Israel. See coverage of
Israel is no doubt one of the leading countries in the weapon industry. These days, a young Israeli start up aims to supply sophisticated and futuristic weapons, but in a safer place, the gaming field.
For the past 4 years, Invasion Interactive has worked on their first game, “Rising Eagle: [...]
I came across Saul Klein’s excellent presentation from the last Web 2.0 Expo in Berlin and thought I’d share it with you.
The main takeaways:
Situation is grim: startups have no money, no clients and an imaginary war The valley is experiencing doom and gloom [...]
Finjan, a veteran in the Israeli software landscape that’s been around since 1996 has announced a $22 million sixth round led by HarbourVest, one of its first investors. Several other funds participated in the round including: Benchmark Capital, Israel Seed Partners, Benhamou Global Ventures (Eric Behamou’s [...]
TheMarker reports that voice recognition startup PerSay has raised one million NIS from the Israeli government fund Teuza. The investment was made as part of a larger round of 2.4 million NIS (about $600,000) that includes current shareholders in Persay – Yehoshua (Shuki) Gleitman and the Shrem-Pudim fund.
The Israeli startup Oree, developer of innovative LED lighting technologies, has announced that it
has secured a $4 million venture loan from SVB (Silicon Valley Bank) and Kreos Capital. The company had previously raised a round of $7 million from Genesis Partners and Belgium’s
The guys at Wishood.com would have wished for this story to end better. A year ago, this Israeli startup had every reason to be optimistic – They established a user generated content site around wish exchange, secured a seed investment from Dr. Yossi Vardi and other angels and created [...]
1) SEO: Google published a 22-page long pdf guide on SEO for beginners. There’s nothing new there if you are a pro, but since Google are the ones who control SEO on the web, you should probably print [...]
A message for entrepreneurs who want to get rich quickly: Be patient! It’s been a whole year since we first covered Taboola. Back then, Evergreen Venture Partners put a million and a half dollars to fund what they believed would be a ‘
Subscribe to VC Cafe via email
- RT @matthewclifford: Awesome video on #campuslondon via @ediggs youtu.be/3diA0zLlMh8 Echoes @EntreFirst's experience of being based there | 2 hours ago
- @Cyclr @GerryMNewton @Simeon_Jeffrey looking good out there! | 2 hours ago
- RT @bg_ventures: RT @ediggs: What is Campus? youtu.be/3diA0zLlMh8 #campuslondon featuring @gmehn and @bg_ventures | 2 hours ago
- RT @rsohoni: @ediggs @Traityteam @SayduckLtd @seedcamp what an awesome video! Really inspiring | 2 hours ago
VC Cafe Categories