A message for entrepreneurs who want to get rich quickly: Be patient! It’s been a whole year since we first covered Taboola. Back then, Evergreen Venture Partners put a million and a half dollars to fund what they believed would be a ‘Stumble Upon for Video’. After a bunch of rumors of a second round, on November 18th it was confirmed – Taboola has raised an additional $4.5 million from Evergreen and a group of strategic Israeli and American Angels.
Taboola’s ViDiscovery, offers a simple plug & play integration for web publishers. By embedding a few lines of code video site owners are able to present viewers with personalized video recommendations that are said to increase the length and breadth of users sessions.
Stats provided by the company in the official release :
Taboola’s publishers experiencing a:
– 30-42% increase in the percent of viewers who watched an entire video
– 25-35% increase in the number of video views
– 15% increase in distinct videos viewed (video inventory reinvigoration)
Thetechnology beyond the recommendation engine combines contextual analysis and social data filtering. Taboola dynamically analyzes the videos and user behavior on a site and provides recommendation for subsequent videos on the player as well as contextually relevant ads. Taboola generates through a rev-share on the revenues. Publishers can easily track popular videos and revenue sources through the Publisher Console.
Taboola are off to a good start after partnering with CNN.com – you can get a live demo by clicking on the tab “videos like this” here. Taboola is based in Tel Aviv and has a headcount of 20. Taboola’s CEO Adam Singolda and most of the team are former programmers from IDF’s technology and intelligence units.
Some of the features include:
* The Mini Strip
* Video Recommendation Carousel
* RBox – a recommendation widget for publishers
Latest posts by Eze Vidra (see all)
- Media, Education and Context in 2020 - November 28, 2013
- UK and Israel – Growth through Partnership (Guest Post) - November 28, 2013
- How To Win Friends and Influence People - November 28, 2013
Subscribe to VC Cafe via email
VC Cafe Categories