Just think about it: we flip between a dozen news sources on our mobile while getting the morning coffee. We try to find that “undiscovered” travel destinations based on reviews, availability and location while simultaneously emailing and sitting on a conference call. We use social networks to connect with people in real time, but also to keep up to date with people we haven’t seen in years. What does it mean for media as a whole?
There’s plenty of social media events going on in October, but make sure you mark this one in your calendar. On October 30th, The London Business School Media club invites you to participate in the London Media Summit 2009 (Scroll down for exclusive VC Cafe discount).
This year, the focus of the one-day conference is on the Battle for Attention – the challenge to find, keep and monetize audiences. Keynote speakers and panelists will get together to debate some of the challenges faced by media professionals today: defending the value of their content, managing reputations and crafting messaging to impatient and savvy users.
The Summit will be moderated by John Snow (Channel 4) and Adrian Finighan (CNN). Some of the speakers include:
- Eric Huggers: Director of Future Media and Technology, BBC
- Stephen Moore: Executive VP and MD for Europe, Middle East, Africa and Canada, Disney-ABC-ESPN
- Joe Cohen: Founder and CEO, Seatwave
- Dan Hon: CEO, Six to Start
- Jim Marshall: Chairman, IPA Media Futures Committee
- Steve Purdham: CEO, We7
- Martha Brass : Exec Director of International Relations, Endemol UK
- Bernard Desarnauts: SVP, Glam Media
- Alex Hoye: CEO, Latitude
- Mike Parsons: MD, Tribal DDB London
- Rory Sutherland: Vice Chairman, Ogilvy Group UK
Having attended the LBS media summit last year, I can attest that it provided great gems of knowledge and an opportunity to connect with London’s top media professionals and academics.
VC Cafe readers get an exclusive 10% discount on tickets through this link by using the coupon code (vc_cafe_2009). Hurry up! Discounted early-bird sale ends on Friday, October 9th and seats are limited.
See http://www.londonmediasummit.com/ For more information about the conference.
Latest posts by Eze Vidra (see all)
- Israel’s Top Deep Learning Startups - October 3, 2017
- Ycombinator’s top advice for founders - September 27, 2017
- Techbikers Copenhagen to Berlin 2017 – Mission Accomplished! - September 19, 2017