Amdocs announced two investments in Israeli start ups in an event held yesterday in Sillicon Valley. The Israeli giant unveiled its Open Innovation program by disclosing its investments in Amobee Media Systems, which develops mobile advertising server solutions for telecommunications providers, as well as Trivnet, a platform for mobile-based transaction management. The terms of the deals were not disclosed, but Globes estimates both to be small amounts.
Amobee has received several awards: it has been crowned the “Most Promising Start-up of 2008/2009” at the Globes “Journey” conference in Tel Aviv, and most recently named a TiE50 Winner, as a leader in innovation, ingenuity, andmanagement excellence. To date, Amobee has raised $54 million in three financing rounds. As stated in the compnay’s website:
Amobee is the most deployed operator centric ad-serving solution in the world, dynamically inserting relevant, interactive advertisements into all types of mobile entertainment and communication channels, including videos, music, messaging, games, and WAP, using a single, telco-grade ad-serving infrastructure.
TrivNet most recently announced a partnership with Amdocs in June, to deliver a range of financial services over the mobile phone across a range of networks. The company’s flagship product, the TRIV Platform, delivers a powerful service:
- Person to person transfer of funds (remittance),
- Mobile banking for banked and unbanked consumers
- Remote and local bill payment
- Remote and local top-up of airtime
- Mobile distribution of airtime and other prepaid goods
- and a range of online / mobile commerce services such as ticketing, micro-payments, content purchasing, and the purchase of physical goods remotely and at points of sales.
Trivnet supports all network types – mobile, fixed and converged, and a variety of mobile and non-mobile access methods for consumers and business users.
In the event, Amdocs announced the launch of three new strategic initiatives:
- Amdocs Ascend! – A startup partnership program focused on creating new solutions by combining external innovation with Amdocs products and services.
- Amdocs Engage! – A business development program promoting business opportunities between Amdocs, service providers and startup companies, through which Amdocs offers selected companies a discussion channel with its global customer base.
- Amdocs Venture – A program focused on investments in carefully selected startups.
Latest posts by Eze Vidra (see all)
- Emerging Machine Intelligence Clusters - March 2, 2017
- 30 Machine Intelligence Startups to Watch in Israel - February 15, 2017
- Five Books I Want to Read in 2017 - January 16, 2017