Techcrunch broke the news on the acquisition of Poland-based Bliscy.pl by Israel-based MyHeritage.com. Bliscy will help MH increase reach as the acquisition brings MyHeritage family network to 56 million registered users and approximately 762 million profiles, 18 million family trees and 116 million photos.
This is the 4th acquisition for MyHeritage:
- In 2007, MyHeritage.com acquired Pearl Street Software, a leader in genealogy software programs based in Colorado, USA.
- In 2008, MyHeritage.com acquired Kindo.com, a family social networking site from London.
- In 2010, MyHeritage.com acquired OSN (Verwandt.de), a family social networking popular in Europe that was operating from Germany.
- Also in 2010, MyHeritage.com acquired the Dutch family network ZOOOF.com.
MyHeritage was founded in 2005 and backed by Accel and Index ventures, with approximately $24 million in funding to date. The company is reportedly profitable (see Quora post on Israeli startups with more than $10 million in annual revenue). See VC Cafe’s previous comparison between Myheritage vs. Mylife, one of its competitors.
Latest posts by Eze Vidra (see all)
- Media, Education and Context in 2020 - November 28, 2013
- UK and Israel – Growth through Partnership (Guest Post) - November 28, 2013
- How To Win Friends and Influence People - November 28, 2013
Subscribe to VC Cafe via email
VC Cafe Categories