- 5 Ways To Raise Funds for Your Startup – Mashable brings a good reminder on the ways to raise funding: friends/family/fools, incubators, convertible debt, preferred stock and VC.
- Funding round for the week ending in June 10th – Vator highlights the startups that got funding this week. It was good to see Editd, a London based fashion analytics company on the list.
- Food For Thought This Weekend: “Raising Capital Is Not The Same As Succeeding” – “The goal isn’t to get money from a VC, just as the goal isn’t to get into Harvard. Those are stepping stones, filters that some successful people have made their way through“
- Reinventing the Board Meeting – Part 2 of 2 – Virtual Valley Ventures – Steve Blank brings up some good points on what board meetings should be like.
- Quick, practical tips for presentations – tip #1 sit close to the projector screen – don’t force people to choose between you and the presentation
Some of the posts that got my attention this week…
Chief Innovation Officer at Antidote
Eze is the Chief Innovation Officer at Antidote, a startup helping patients search and match to clinical trial, to accelerate medical breakthroughs. Previously, Ezewas a General Partner at Google Ventures Europe. Before GV, Eze founded and led Campus London, Google's first physical hub for startups, and was the Head Google for Entrepreneurs in Europe. He's an experienced product manager and startup mentor. In 2012 Eze founded Techbikers, a non-for profit supporting children education in developing countries.