LumaPartners, a US-based consulting firm, has created a series of infographics that chart the various vertical of the digital media industry including display advertising, mobile, commerce, search, social, and video. Dubbed LUMAscapes, each infographic provides a breakdown of the players in the vertical, by category. The focus is US-centric and the categorization is limited at times, but it’s a great starting point!
These LumaScapes are quickly becoming a tool for M&A departments to make their picks and the graphs will keep evolving, says Terence Kawaja, the founder of LumaPartners and seasoned investment banker.
Several Israeli startups were included in these charts:
- Waze – Mobile > Location based services
- Videosurf – Video > Video Search
- Boxee – Video > IP Enabled Set Top Boxes
- Metacafe – Video > Aggregation
- Cotendo – Video > CDN
- Dapper – Display > Creative Optimization
- Gigya – Social > Plug-ins/Widgets
- Conduit – Social > Plug-ins/Widgets
- Greplin – Social > Social Search
- Snaptu – Social > Facebook/Apps
- Kenshoo – Social > Social advertising platforms
- Shopping.com – Commerce > Price comparison
- Magento – Commerce > eCommerce implementation (Israeli founders, LA-based)
Click on the infographics below to enlarge:
A gaming chart is coming this summer… stay tuned!
Latest posts by Eze Vidra (see all)
- Israel’s Top Deep Learning Startups - October 3, 2017
- Ycombinator’s top advice for founders - September 27, 2017
- Techbikers Copenhagen to Berlin 2017 – Mission Accomplished! - September 19, 2017