Video is a great way to get your startup some viral visibility. According to Cisco, by 2015, one million minutes of video – the equivalent of 674 days – will cross the internet every second (!) and as the YouTube blog pointed out more than 48 hours of video are uploaded YouTube site every minute. Amazing, no?
Below are a few of the better examples of videos produced by Israeli startups and those that managed to get a plug in traditional media, reaching a huge potential audience.
1) Dealery, the daily deal aggregator gets on the evening news
2) Viber, free VOIP calls from your iPhone
3) Fiverr, the place for people to share what they would do for five dollars there’s literally dozens of videos created by the community
4) Gogobot, friendly travel planning helps you plan a trip based on friend recommendations.
5) Plnnr, how can data make the perfect trip for you – generate trip itineraries
6) Gettaxi, the ultimate taxi application. Order taxis from your mobile phone. Watch your taxi on a map in real time, pay for rides instantly, and get rewards.
7)Powermat, charging devices with no cables.
8) Fellowup, a personal virtual assistant to manage your unmanageably large network
9) Soluto, anti frustration software – a good example of a video update, versus just a product overview (a lot has happened since we won Techcrunch Disrupt)
10) TvTak, tell your friends what you’re watching on TV
In conclusion, you would probably agree at this point that it’s important to have some video presence for your startup. The big barrier to entry seems to be the fear of production, but there is a big range of styles and tools to produce a video. Ranging from a professionally produced cartoon (shouldn’t cost more than $5,000 to make) to a straight up product review or high end commercial, with real actors. The YouTube creative lab for example, can help you get your first steps.
Latest posts by Eze Vidra (see all)
- Israeli High Tech Exits On First Half of 2017 Slowdown and Potential Explanations - July 5, 2017
- Emerging Machine Intelligence Clusters - March 2, 2017
- 30 Machine Intelligence Startups to Watch in Israel - February 15, 2017