“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand” – Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
The latest Ycombinator’s partners blog post distills their most essential advice for founders.
Here’s the gist of it:
1) Launch early.
2) Do things that don’t scale.
3) Look for the 90/10 solutions (accomplish 90% of what you want to do with 10% of time/effort.
4) Avoid distractions . Write code and talk to customers (“don’t talk to corp Dev”).
5) Choose your customers . Fire them if needed.
6) Foccus on growth but not at all costs . Pay attention to unit economics.
7) Do less. Choose one or two key metrics and optimise them.
8) Raise money as quickly as possible and get back to work.
9) Don’t be a jerk. Keep your team functioning.
10) Take care of yourself (physically , mentally, spiritually).
For the full post, visit: https://blog.ycombinator.com/ycs-essential-startup-advice/ and check out their “pocket guide”.
Latest posts by Eze Vidra (see all)
- Israel’s Top Deep Learning Startups - October 3, 2017
- Ycombinator’s top advice for founders - September 27, 2017
- Techbikers Copenhagen to Berlin 2017 – Mission Accomplished! - September 19, 2017