Today, seed funding in Israel got a little boost with the launch of the first Israeli Super Angel Seed Fund (or a so-called “Micro Venture Capital Fund”) with $25 million in funding, Started by Avi Domoshevizki, Sani Sanilevich, Ofer Arieli and Saeed Amidi.
It’s good to be a startup in Israel right now. Venture capital investments hit a seven year record, and everyone seems to be looking for early stage startups. Angels have found their place in the food chain, and it all seems to make sense.
1) The early stage investors are interested in ideas, and willing [...]
I’m going to resume writing on all the VC and Israeli startup news soon, but first I wanted to share a piece of personal news with you. This past week while on vacation in Hawaii, I asked my long-time girlfriend to be my wife. I’m happy to report she said [...]
SemantiNet, a semantic search technology startup based in Israel, raised a round of $1.7 million led by Giza Venture Capital. Israeli angel and internet guru Yossi Vardi is listed among Semantinet’s previous investors along with Sir Ronald Cohen (founder of Apax Partners), Robert Imershein, Moudi Ben-Shachand and Jeff Pulver.
There’s not [...]
Subscribe to VC Cafe via email
- RT@aileenlee: GV, KPCB And AH Team Up As “Glass Collective” To Invest In Google Glass Ecosystem techcrunch.com/2013/04/10/the… <-- take note | 50 minutes ago
- Celebrate #campuslondon first year anniversary with the Campus community. Massive scavenger hunt, drinks and prizes! scoutaboutcampus.eventbrite.com | 1 hour ago
- RT @mattcutts: An in-depth video today: "Can I buy a domain that used to have spam on it and still rank?" goo.gl/y99Yt | 15 hours ago
- @leancamp @hmitsch @UCLAdvances we'd love to have you back at #campuslondon! please apply through campuslondon.com/events | 15 hours ago
VC Cafe Categories