The National Venture Capital Association conducted a survey asking 170 of its members about their predictions for 2008.
The questions were:
1) How much will vcs invest in 2008?
Median answer: 71% of the respondents said between 20 and 29 billion dollar will be spent on vc investments next year.
2) Which global investment region are you most openly distrustful and unwilling to confide?
Answer: 86.5% responded South America. If you are an Argentinean with a startup – better move to Silicon Valley.
3) Predictions for high growth investment sectors in 2008?
Answer: Cleantech was the strongest sector (79%) followed by media (64%) and biotech (55%). Internet showed the slowest predicted growth.
4) Which single industry will be overvalued in 2008? Which one will be undervalued?
Answer: Cleantech (61%) and semiconductors (28%) respectively.
5) Exits and IPOs will…
Answer: 59% predict that exits will continue recovering. Only a fifth of those who believe that it will continue to recover think that’s in going to be in a slower pace than 2007.
Want to see the rest? Find the details in the presentation below.
Latest posts by Eze Vidra (see all)
- Emerging Machine Intelligence Clusters - March 2, 2017
- 30 Machine Intelligence Startups to Watch in Israel - February 15, 2017
- Five Books I Want to Read in 2017 - January 16, 2017