The vast sums of money changing hands on a daily basis, make casinos a lucrative target for cons and hackers. The online game rooms are the low fruit to pick. Israeli start up Cognisafe is offering software to ensure fair play and relieve security concerns for online poker rooms and casinos.
Cognisafe’s flagship product, PitBoss, addresses the major challenges of locating anomalies and cheats in on line applications. The system can spot illogical and irregular play, and judge whether it’s caused by bots or software corruption.
One can get a feel for the range of online gambling threats by looking at PitBoss’ features:
- Protection against Collusion or Player Associations – when players share information with each other.
- Software cheats and playing bots – when players get unfair advantage through the use of hacks.
- “Cutting the cord”. When a gamer disconnects his Internet connection upon realizing that his cards won’t hold up
- Inside Information (Logic Anomaly): When the gamer has access to information that should be confidential (such as the next card to be dealt).
Cognisafe’s technology uses a combination of player behavior models and algorithms to reveal when cheating is occurring. CogniSafe solution (CSP) is real-time application that has no integration with the actual casino software, thus making sure user privacy is strictly maintained. Instead, the CogniSafe agent continuously tracks the end point execution both at the Operation System level and at the application level, monitoring things like: system calls, computing resources usage and I/O.
Shmuel Konforty, Chief Technical Officer at CogniSafe said in a recent release:
“We are excited to be able to offer a complete solution to online cheating that works across a large variety of game types. Whether gamers are playing card games such as poker, board games such as chess or almost any other form of game, we have a proven solution to any potential cheating scenario.”
While online casinos are illegal in the US, online gambling seems to be growing faster than ever. Similar to the growth of video games, for some, online gambling from home can be cheaper and more entertaining than a night out. Better security in online game rooms will only increase the transparency and attractiveness of the online casinos one step further.
Latest posts by Eze Vidra (see all)
- Techbikers Copenhagen to Berlin 2017 – Mission Accomplished! - September 19, 2017
- The UK AI Startups That Raised Funding in 2017 (so far) - September 11, 2017
- Startup Campuses Come to Europe - August 23, 2017