Check out this interesting video on the hidden truths behind what really motivates us at home and in the workplace. I loved the illustrations of RSAnimation to the original talk given by Dan Pink.
So, what motivates us?
Hint: it’s not just the money… three factors lead to better performance and personal satisfaction:
1) Autonomy – the desire to be self directed (so many companies kill this with over-management)
2) Mastery – the urge to get better at stuff (“fun” is satisfying)
3) Purpose – be a purpose maximizer, not just a profit maximizer.
Watch the video, it’s worth your time.
Click on the ‘101’ tag below for more entrepreneurship 101 posts from VC Cafe.
Latest posts by Eze Vidra (see all)
- The Story of Techbikers (You can Play a role too) - August 21, 2014
- 10 Tools for Understanding and Dissecting an Industry - August 11, 2014
- Getting Serious: The next billion-dollar market in games - May 29, 2014