Check out this interesting video on the hidden truths behind what really motivates us at home and in the workplace. I loved the illustrations of RSAnimation to the original talk given by Dan Pink.
So, what motivates us?
Hint: it’s not just the money… three factors lead to better performance and personal satisfaction:
1) Autonomy – the desire to be self directed (so many companies kill this with over-management)
2) Mastery – the urge to get better at stuff (“fun” is satisfying)
3) Purpose – be a purpose maximizer, not just a profit maximizer.
Watch the video, it’s worth your time.
Click on the ’101′ tag below for more entrepreneurship 101 posts from VC Cafe.
Latest posts by Eze Vidra (see all)
- Media, Education and Context in 2020 - November 28, 2013
- UK and Israel – Growth through Partnership (Guest Post) - November 28, 2013
- How To Win Friends and Influence People - November 28, 2013
Subscribe to VC Cafe via email
VC Cafe Categories