Israeli startup Headlines:
- Boxee is looking to raise a massive round -Sources say Boxee is out trying to raise a significant funding round, likely in the $10 million to $15 million range.
- Answers.com announced that its database of answers now tops 10 million answers with 5.5 million registered users – Techcrunch
- Is Microsoft looking to acquire Conduit for $300 million? Calcalist spreads the rumor while the company’s reach grows to 200 million installed toolbars
- It turns out that PrimeSense pitched the revolutionary joystick to Apple first, but obsessed with secrecy, Apple had already asked CEO Ynon Beracha to sign a stack of crippling legal agreements and NDAs. Xbox players can be relieved.
- Want to chat with people that checked in to the same spot as you? now you can! ChatSquare, a mobile app developed by Israeli entrepreneur Nir Ofir, enables to connect to your Foursquare or Facebook accounts to chat with people to checked in to the same geo-location as you (Techcrunch)
- Hello Israeli Nano technology – A three-year support of Nano-Technology as an Israeli national project has resulted in: 52 leading scientists have immigrated to Israel, 77 million dollars have been invested in equipment, 41 million dollars have been invested in infrastructure, 106 success stories have been documented and 389 Academy–Industry Projects have been achieved.
- Hebrew is a tough language to learn. Paypal launched its site in Hebrew (and went back to English the following day :-)) – Globes and The Marker
- Ronald Kent, Head of International Listings EMEA and Asia for the New York Stock Exchange is looking for more Israeli companies to list on NYSE – Globes
- Amid rumors of being almost bankrupt, Israeli chief scientist office gets support from EUREKA –WSJ Reports that EUREKA approved a total of investment of €51 million in 56 R&D projects in member countries, including 17 projects in Israel or with Israeli participation
Israeli startup Videos
Video article on how 5min grew from the founder’s garage (litrally) to being sold to AOL for $65 million
Top 150 blogs for entrepreneurs – VC Cafe is there :-)
Latest posts by Eze Vidra (see all)
- Israel’s Top Deep Learning Startups - October 3, 2017
- Ycombinator’s top advice for founders - September 27, 2017
- Techbikers Copenhagen to Berlin 2017 – Mission Accomplished! - September 19, 2017