For all the advertising and ecommerce startups out there: the Consumer Commerce Barometer (CCB) is a great way to gain market insights into how consumers interact with the internet as a source of information for purchasing decision. CCB is the result of a global effort by the IAB Europe in partnership with TNS Infratest and Google to quantify the role of online in the consumer journey from research to purchase.
CCB’s Knowlegde Center offers free downloadable power point presentations for each country that carried out the studies.
Some interesting insights surged in Israel (click here to download: Israel) where 2,000 users were surveyed in April this year:
- Generally, products are rather bought offline.
- Search engines are the most commonly used type of website for online research and mainly used by respondents who search for travel and tech-related information
Attitudes toward eCommerce reflect that consumers particularly evaluate the internet to be the first place they usually go to when researching products to buy. They further appreciate online shopping for its convenience and saving of time.
Latest posts by Eze Vidra (see all)
- Emerging Machine Intelligence Clusters - March 2, 2017
- 30 Machine Intelligence Startups to Watch in Israel - February 15, 2017
- Five Books I Want to Read in 2017 - January 16, 2017