SupersonicAds, the London-based Israeli startup developing social in-game advertising solutions, has announced the completion of a $4.2 million round led by Greylock Israel. $6 million have been invested in the company to date, and as a result of this round, Greylock IL partner Yoram Snir will join the board of SupersonicAds.
Recently, SupersonicAds was selected as one of the few companies allowed to sell Facebook credits, enabling the startup to run brand engagement campaigns and direct response offers for Facebook Credits.
The funding will be used to expand the international presence of BrandConnect, the Cost Per Engagement monetization solution for social games. SupersonicAds reports that BrandConnect in-game videos and widgets have been receiving 20-80% engagement rates and benefiting from a captive targeted audience. Users are incentivized to take action during the game, in order to gain Facebook credits, that can later be used on social games, virtual goods, etc.
Some brands are already using the SuperSonicAds units, including Kellogg’s, Hasbro, and Disney. The metrics that were shared in the press release suggest an increase in Facebook “Likes” and high engagement on the video front:
- Over 50% (and up to 80%) of people exposed to a campaign viewed the entire video
- More than 20% of people who viewed a video Liked the brand on Facebook
- Greater than 40% of people who viewed the video later visited the brand’s website
This video demonstrates an example of Brandconnect in action:
Gil Shoham, CEO of SupersonicAds said:
“This investment from Greylock will enable us to grow our global team faster and continue to deliver outstanding results for leading brands and publishers.”
SupersonicAds is headquartered in London, UK, with satellite offices in the US and Israel. It currently employs about 26 people.
Latest posts by Eze Vidra (see all)
- Techbikers Copenhagen to Berlin 2017 – Mission Accomplished! - September 19, 2017
- The UK AI Startups That Raised Funding in 2017 (so far) - September 11, 2017
- Startup Campuses Come to Europe - August 23, 2017