The International Broadcast Convention (IBC) 2011 is the leading global tradeshow for broadcasting media and entertainment industry, covering the latest developments in broadcasting, mobile TV, IPTV, digital signage and forward looking R&D.
This year, 28 Israeli startups in mobile, media and broadcasting technology are flocking in to IBC 2011. Here’s a sneak peak at the Israeli innovators that will be exhibiting in Amsterdam next month (company links and descriptions after the jump—>)
- AB on Air Ltd – ABonAir’s solutions enable the transmission of video content – over the air – directly from a camera to a news truck, without the need for cable deployment. The device is compact and lightweight and attaches easily to any handheld camera.
- BetterView – BetterView develops a technology solution that delivers today ground breaking improvements to digital video streams. One important example is Real SD to HD Conversion which presents a substantial improvement to the video optical resolution.
- BroadTec – Broadtec’s MYTV integrated broadcast management system incorporates sophisticated playlist scheduling, planning, logistics, rights management, Commercials, media production & inventory. MYTV is the all-inclusive software that reduces playlist production time and significantly improves the efficiency of Contents’ commercials and playlist management.
- Celeno – Celeno is a leading vendor of standard-based WiFi silicon solutions capable of distributing up to 4 HD video streams, with full home coverage (over 500 sqm) and carrier grade robustness.
- Channelot Ltd. – Channelot is a leading provider of mobile TV and digital TV integrated transmitter and repeater stations. Our products are the full drop-in solution for the low- and medium-power TV transmission site and are the ideal tool for providing coverage wherever legacy broadcast equipment is either inadequate or prohibitively expensive, be it dense metro centers or remote, rural areas.
- Craze Productions – Craze is offering various technological solutions, applications and platforms for streaming content. Craze also offers full feature length movies, TV programming and music related content for distribution online, on mobile telephones, on Connected TV and via many other viewing platforms.
- Discretix Technologies Ltd. – Discretix suite of content protection solutions enable service providers to extend video on demand (VOD) and Over-the-Top (OTT) services to any connected device including smartphones, tablet computers, netbooks, internet enabled TVs and hybrid STBs. Available as both an embedded and downloadable software application, the solution allows secure content streaming and downloading.
- Elbit-Shiron – Shiron SatCom Business Line, part of Elbit Systems Land and C4I, a technology leader in the satellite broadband communication market providing complete end-to-end systems. Shiron SatCom two-way broadband satellite communications system, InterSKY, is an efficient multi service platform, supporting wide ranging IP applications in even the remotest locations, for both military and commercial projects.
- Elrom Studios – Elrom Studios, the Israeli leading company for subtitling, translation, closed captioning and dubbing,has developed over the last years its exclusive software, ELRStudio for all these tasks
- Gilat Satcom – Gilat Satcom Broadcast Service offers broadcasters a fully managed TV channel distribution over C or KU band satellites at a very attractive price. This solution is based on a large variety of satellite beams.
- Imagine Communications -The first video processing solution to combine highest quality video compression for MPEG-2, H.264 and multi-screen, the ICE Video Platform is the clear leader for Every Screen video processing and distribution
- IPgallery Inc – GroupView is IPgallery’s solution (powered by VideoThru – IPgallery’s Video Division) that enables concurrent group viewing of any content from any source anywhere, anytime, with anyone, on any device, regardless of the group member’s present social community login or service provider subscription or viewing location.
- justAdTV Ltd – justAd.TV is a start-up of a unique technology allowing Pay-TV providers (Cable, IPTV & Satellite) to harness the power of Internet advertising by applying it to non-linear TV experiences. Focused on delivering easy-to-deploy solutions, its patent-pending technology fits into existing TV provider networks, involves minimal costs and provides quick ROI.
- Kaltura – Kaltura provides the first Open Source platform for video management, creation, interaction and collaboration.
- LiveDefinition – LiveDefinition is a solution for content owners and rights owners, who wish to create a video platform, and to quickly monetize content—with no heavy commitments.LiveDefinition is a cloud based SaaS, and is designed to easily provide a full solution to content and right owners.
- LiveU – LiveU is the pioneer of broadcast-quality, video-over-cellular solutions that allow live video transmission (HD and SD) from any location/event world wide e.g. Royal Wedding (UK), World Cup (SA), Oscars.
- Magic Software Enterprise – The Multi-Channel Broadcasting System is provided as software-as-a-service (SaaS) or as an on-site system. It covers all aspects of linear/non-linear scheduling (new media): rights management, scheduling, interstitial management, ad sales, etc.
- Meltzer communications – The company specializes in the management and supervision of Turn-Key projects for customers locally and internationally. Our teams install and maintain earth station antennas, VSAT systems and affiliated transmission equipment.
- Orca Interactive – offers RiGHTv – An IPTV middleware platform for delivering interactive TV services. The platform includes an SDK that enables operators to completely control their UI, and add new services and new devices. Also, COMPASS – A comprehensive content discovery platform, enabling TV subscribers and operators to fully benefit from the content-rich world of interactive television.
- Peer TV – PeerTV’s solution enables Content Providers, ISPs and Operators to deliver OTT (Over-the-Top) TV services including LIVE CHANNELS VOD and free public content over the open Internet such as PODCASTS. The PeerTV solution combines the Peerstation Internet based Set Top Boxes and the MX 3.0 Middleware which integrate easily with leading complementary components such as CDN (Content Delivery Network) & DRM.
- Pilat Media – Built on 13 years of experience, IBMS (Integrated Broadcast Management System) is a next generation, enterprise class business management software for broadcasters. This integrated and modular solution manages content, programming, rights, scheduling, airtimes sales and media trafficking for multi-channel and multi-platform TV, video-on-demand and other media services.
- Playcast Media Systems – Playcast brings AAA, next generation video games to existing VoD systems, by streaming games audiovisual content as standard MPEG video. Solution includes full service, including systems and content. Field proven on Cable, IPTV, Hybrid DBS and OTT.
- PrimeSense – the company behind Microsoft Kinnect – PrimeSense is developing and marketing the only market-proven, cost effective, mass-market solution for native 3D machine vision technologies targeted at consumer markets in the fields of Television, IPTV, Media centers, Set-top boxes and more.
- SnapKeys – When it comes to content search and discovery, SnapKeys is the world’s only look-up solution for TV remote control and IPTV and mobile devices that is fast and easy to use.
- Tango Tec – Tangotec solutions allow its customers to distribute IP based services over home/building EXISTING INFRATRACTURE such as Powerline, Telephony (RJ11), Coax (CATV/Satellite), CAT5/6 as well as Wireless. The solution is perfect for distribution of IPTV, IP-Telephony Internet Gaming, High speed internet access and any other IP service. The company’s networking solutions are aimed for the Residential and Retail segments (following the evolving G.hn standard) as well as commercial/ enterprise markets (i.e.: offices, MDUs, hotels/resorts, campuses, hospitals, etc.).
- Tvinci – Tvinci is a paid Over-the-Top TV platform for the management of video content & user experience. We specialize in solutions for content owners, pay-TV & multi-play operators aiming at generating revenues online from premium content displayed on internet connected devices.
- VBox Communications Ltd. – VBox is a provider of products and solutions converging DVB (broadcast) and IP networks, offering innovative payTV receivers. VBox covers market segments that benefit from its core technology competencies: broadcast and IP convergence, full payTV CAS (Conditional Access Systems) and DRM integration, TV for any IP enabled device and support for any Operating System (Windows, Mac, Linux).
- Waze – Waze is a free mobile navigation application that allows drivers to build and use live maps, real-time traffic updates and turn-by-turn navigation to improve their daily commute. Waze also has a social element that gives drivers the ability to actively update one other on traffic, police traps, construction, speed cams and more – and because it’s 100% user-generated, the more people who use waze, the better (and more fun) it gets!
IBC is taking place in September 8-13 in Amsterdam. If you plan on attending and want to meet one of these companies, the Israeli Chamber of commerce can help you set up a face-to-face meeting.
A special shout out to the Israel Export and International Cooperation Institute as well as the Foreign Trade Administration of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor. They have made a terrific job in giving visibility to these startups on a dedicated website (Israeli media Innovations) and blog. Nicely done.
Latest posts by Eze Vidra (see all)
- Emerging Machine Intelligence Clusters - March 2, 2017
- 30 Machine Intelligence Startups to Watch in Israel - February 15, 2017
- Five Books I Want to Read in 2017 - January 16, 2017