Globes ranked the top 10 Israeli startups for 2012, and social marketplace Fiverr has taken the top spot. Fiverr has not only created a new marketplace, but also established a whole category, which attracted quite a lot of copycats (make Purple cows, people!). Some of these include: Smalljob, 20s, and Gigim as well as Fourerr, Sixerr, and Eighterr…
Top ten Israeli startups for 2012-2013 according to Globes:
1. Fiverr – a social e-commerce market place for users to buy and sell services for $5 and up.
2. EarlySense., which has developed a contact-less continuous patient monitoring solution for patients’ heart rate, respiration, and movement,
3. Powermat Technologies Ltd., which has developed a wireless recharging platform for electronic devices;
4. FiftyOne Inc.- global e-commerce company
5. Clarizen Inc – SaaS-based project execution platform developer; .;
6. Kaminario Inc - SSD flash storage solution developer .;
7. myThings Ltd – targeted online ads company using re-targeting technology;
8. Onavo Ltd – mobile app to measure the amount of mobile bandwidth used by 3rd party apps, and dramatically reduces roaming costs abroad.
9. WatchDox Ltd- document security solutions developer. Access, share and manage who sees your companies sensitive documents anywhere. Replaces a non-secure Pdf with new standards in doc security.
10. Non-Linear Technologies Ltd. – minimally invasive spinal surgery solutions developer
More on Globes. Know of any other Israeli startups that should be on this list? Contact us!
Latest posts by Eze Vidra (see all)
- The Story of Techbikers (You can Play a role too) - August 21, 2014
- 10 Tools for Understanding and Dissecting an Industry - August 11, 2014
- Getting Serious: The next billion-dollar market in games - May 29, 2014