London Business School Technology Club would like to invite you to the annual London Technology Summit which will take place on Friday, 20 February 2009 at RCOG campus, London, UK. This event brings together more than 200 executives, professionals, corporate guests and journalists. This year’s focus is: ‘What’s next?Technology trends and opportunities in the immediate future’.
Confirmed speakers include the following:
- Accel Partners, Hussein Kanji (MBA2007)
- Amazon, Simone Brunozzi, Web services evangelist
- BidRoute, Barry Marshall (MSC16), Co-Founder and Owner
- BT, Joseph Dahan (SEMBA2006), Chief advisor to the CTO
- Celtel, Moez Daya, former CTO and COO
- Cisco, Keith Mitchell, Director – Emerging Markets, Enterprise
- Intel, Alberto Spinelli, Director – EMEA Strategic Marketing
- Google, Rob Swerling, Principal of New Business Development
- Last.fm, Ryan Regan, CFO
- MarketFactory, James Sinclair, CEO
- Zopa, Giles Andrews, Managing Director
Start ups: enter the picth competition:
Startups are invited to write a one-page brief of their company for selection by a panel of Tech Club members and staff from the London Business School Entrepreneurship faculty. The brief should contain a description of:
- the business’s activities and business model,
- your number of customers or users,
- the stage of your company, your funding, profitability and number of employees,
- and most importantly, the interesting product or technology that you can demo on the day.
The brief should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 Feb 2009. Selected companies will be notified by Friday the 13th – lucky for some!
Each selected startup will be invited to pitch their company for 2 minutes in front of the Tech Summit attendees, so it’s the perfect opportunity to present your ideas to a range of London’s top technology executives and investors. Attendees will be asked to vote for the most promising startup, bringing your company valuable attention and connections with the London Business School community.
Startups are also invited to take part in a “demo corner” during the conference lunch and coffee breaks, where you can show off your company’s technology to London Technology Summit attendees .
VC Cafe will be there to meet with start ups at the “demo pit” and the pitch competition. Will you join us?