On Sunday November 15th, Said Business School at Oxford University is hosting a one day conference focusing on the impact of the Global economic crisis on Israel.
It is a good opportunity to hear and meet prominent speakers:
- Prof. Zvi Eckstein: Deputy Governor of the Bank of Israel
- Mr. Sever Plocker and Mr. Guy Rolnik: Israel’s two premier financial journalists
- Mr. Pinchas Landau: Economic and financial analyst to WSJ, Barron’s and the Economist
- Prof. Joseph Zeira: Professor of Economics at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Izik Kirshenbaum is Co-Founder, Chairman and CEO of Siklu Inc
- Mr. Saul Klein: Partner at the venture capital firm Index Ventures
- Ehud Levy is a Managing Partner at Vertex Venture Capital with approximately two decades of experience in the high-tech industry. Previously co-founded Ki-Bi Mobile Technologies
- Mr. Aaron Mankovski: Partner at the venture capital firm Pitango since 2000
- Mr. Gilad Harish: Lawyer and social entrepreneur, founder, chair and CEO of Lasova – a highly respected NGO in Israel ,operating Soup Kitchens, Homeless Shelters, after-school Centers for kids at risk.
- Dr. Osnat Emanuel is the founder of ‘Seriously Kidding’, an invention house specialized in creating innovative products for children. She was co-founder of Comfy and the founder of the Comfy Keyboard, the first computerized toy for toddlers.
The conference will cover both Israeli and UK perspectives on Israel today, addressing macroeconomics, Israel and the global financial crisis, society and the economy, the role of economy in peacemaking, entrepreneurship and the Israeli ‘Silicon Valley’.
To event will run from 9:30 to 5pm at Park End Street, Oxford UK and is free to attend. Register through this link: www.ihps-oxford.co.uk/conference